Early October Progress

We had another trip to prepare for, so in went the stairs/ladder and we finished up the exterior paint (aside from the door and touch-ups).  After getting back from the northern VA adventures, it was time to finish the propane lines!  Finally we could test the water heater, oven/stove, and the Newport P9000.  As much as I wanted a woodstove (and still have the one I bought sitting in storage), this little heater is a good option for tiny houses because of how little clearance it needs around itself.  I ended up buying the woodstove from myself to save for another house down the road 🙂

Besides all these pictures, I have a video treat for you all coming up.  If only I could get it to load…I took today off from work, so I’ll do my best to post the vid today sometime in between my various construction projects.

Build Day 37 (8/2/12)

The good news is that I’m finally caulking the siding and trim and whatnot.  The bad news is that it’s a very tedious task! After 2 of us working on it for about 3 hours, I think we’re 1/2 done with it.  We went all around the window and door trim and in EVERY seam between siding pieces, as well as where the siding butts the trim and around the wheels.  We didn’t get to caulk up top around the soffits, and there are some places that need touch-ups.  I apologize for the dark pics, but we were caulking until almost 9!

Build Day 36 (7/29/12)

Last day of siding!!!!!!!

Also one of the trickiest days of siding.  All we had left to do was put some on the small, side triangles on the dormers.  Tough angles though!  Thankfully I wasn’t the one doing the mathematical calculations, so it went pretty well.  We also pondered exterior paint colors (finally mom gets to be more involved!).  The trim will be the same color as the roof and the siding will be a medium green.  Eco-friendly paint, of course.

Build Days 32, 33, 34 (6/21,6/23,6/24)

We kept chugging along at the end of June to get most of the siding done.  Since we had already completed the longer walls, it was time to tackle the siding around the front door.  The straight cuts were super easy, but then we had to cut around that lovely trim I picked out.  After that, we stopped for the day since we needed soffits before continuing the siding up to the top.

The next days focused on soffits and finishing the siding on the back and above the front door.  We were still waiting on the roof before we could official finish the siding.  Luckily the roof was done while I was out of town…look for a post on this soon!